Before the ride:
- Use the correct engine oil. Look for this information in your car's maintenance booklet.
- Make sure your engine is correctly tuned.
- Service your engine regularly.
- Regularly check your tire pressure. Soft tires cause a higher fuel usage.
- Plan your ride and avoid unnecessary miles. Avoid rush hours.
During the ride:
- Keep your speed as constant as possible, using cruise-control whenever possible. A sporty or aggressive driving style could cost up to 30% more fuel.
- Switch to a higher gear in time. It lowers the engine speed and is much more economical.
- Turn off your engine when standing still longer than 2 minutes, for example at a level crossing, an open bridge or in heavy traffic.
- Avoid driving in neutral, even downhill. With the engine in gear you will use less fuel.
- Limit the use of the air conditioner. Even with the extra resistance of an open window you will ride more economical.
- Choose DCB Pro. You will drive, especially within the city, a lot more economical.